Department of Sociology and Communication
Programme: Kommunikáció és médiatudomány alapszak - kötelező tárgyak 2018-tól
Subject Role: Kötelezően választott
Recommended semester: 0
The aim of the subject is to give students the opportunity to make reflections that are valid in both academic and social terms, in connection with a phenomenon that is not specified in advance, but is important from a scientific, technological and social point of view. The focus of the course implementing the subject should always have an innovative element: the topic, the approach, the processing.
- Solid knowledge of the conceptualization for studying social processes
- Solid knowledge of conceptualization for studying communication and media phenomena
- Basic knowledge of social science methodologies.
- Research skills
- Analytical skills
- Reliable use of professional language.
- Presence from social science egocentrism in social science fields
- Presence from social science egocentrism in other disciplinara fields
- Critical openness to innovation
Autonomy and responsibility
- Adoption and enforcement of professional standards
- Proficiency in professional communication both in oral and written form.
Methodology of teaching
The objective of the subject is to present and explore a new phenomenon, approach, tool. Accordingly, partly through lectures and partly through independent or team works, students learn about the history, socio-cultural background of the phenomenon or device, and perform some active learning, creative tasks that require independent work.
Materials supporting learning
- A kurzus fókuszában álló témához kapcsolódó és a tantárgy céljaihoz illeszkedő szakirodalomról és további tanulástámogató anyagokról a kurzus oktatója gondoskodik, és teszi azokat elérhetővé a hallgató számára.
- Literature and additional learning support materials related to the topic that is the focus of the course and relevant to the objectives of the subject are provided by the course instructor and made available to the student.
General assessment includes that of the class participation, the preparation for the classes, and of the independent assignments.
Performance evaluation methods
In connection with the three elements taken into account in the assessment, the course instructor informs the students in time about the assessment aspects and their descriptors
Proportion of performance evaluations performed during the diligence period in the rating
- performance in class: 15
- partial performance assessment – home work: 25
- partial performance assessment – independent work: 60
- total: 100
Proportion of examination elements in the rating
The condition for obtaining the signature, validity of the signature
Class attendance is mandatory according to Code of Education and Examination regulations. Completion of at least half of the assigned homework assignments accepted with at least a 50% grade.
Correction and retake
Retake and make-up test options are defined by the Code of Education and Examination regulations.
Study work required to complete the course
|Work type||Amount of work hours|
|completion of homeworks||10|
|preparation for presentation||40|
Approval and validity of subject requirements
Topics discussed during the semester
1) Disciplinary contexts; 2) Reserch fields; 3) Cultural and social issues related to the topic; 4) Theoretical literature; 5) Current reserch in the filed; 6) Scholarly and general publications related to the field; 7) Methodologies; 8) Case studies; 9) Preparation of analitical and/or project work
|Topics of lectures|
|1.||1) Disciplinary contexts2) Reserch fields3) Cultural and social issues related to the topic4) Theoretical literature5) Current reserch in the filed6) Scholarly and general publications related to the field7) Methodologies8) Case studies9) Preparation of analitical and/or project work|
Lecturers participating in teaching