Department of Sociology and Communication
Programme: Szabadon választható tárgyak
Subject Role: Szabadon választható
Recommended semester: 0
The aim of the course is to recognize the role and importance of communication, communication technologies and forms in human society.
- Getting to know the role and importance of communication forms and technologies.
- Skills for analyzing problems in human society
- Openness toward other knowledge fields
Autonomy and responsibility
Methodology of teaching
Lectures, exercises, presentations.
Materials supporting learning
- A tantárgy elvégzéshez szükséges oktatási anyagok, szakirodalom a kurzus moodle-oldaláról érhető el a hallgatóknak (edu.gtk.bme.hu)
The assessment of the learning outcomes formulated in point 2.2 takes place in the form of three midterm tests.
Performance evaluation methods
Proportion of performance evaluations performed during the diligence period in the rating
- 1st summary performance evaluation (1st midterm test): 33
- 2nd summary performance evaluation (2nd midterm test): 33
- 3rd summary performance evaluation (3rd midterm test): 33
- Total: 100
Proportion of examination elements in the rating
Correction and retake
Retake and make-up test options are defined by the valid regulations of the University’s Code on Education and Examination.
Study work required to complete the course
|Work type||Amount of work hours|
|preparation for the midterm tests||32|
Approval and validity of subject requirements
Topics discussed during the semester
– regularities in interpersoanl human communication; – beyond the unmediated forms of communication: mediatechnologies; – interrelation of communication and technology; – the transformation of communication social practices; – cultural adaptation of communication technologies; – publicity and communication; – information recording, storage and transmission and energy usage; – communication technologies, power and social (communication) control
|Topics of lectures|
Lecturers participating in teaching
|dr. Szabó Levente||egyetemi firstname.lastname@example.org|
|dr. Szakadát István||egyetemi email@example.com|